BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sick

Sickness. It's everybody weakness. It doesn't matter where you are from or which kind of race you are. Eventually, everybody is bound to get sick. Some people like them and most people hate them. To me, illness really took me hard a few days ago. It has cause me diarrhea, fever and lost of appetite. It was quite bad as I was alone when i'm staying in college.


Day 1
After i found out i have fever, i couldn't really mobile anymore. I feel quite dizzy and even if i could move. All i could do is just relax a little. I only ate a few biscuit that night. So after that, i just felt asleep. I just wanted a long sleep.

Day 2
My fever continued. Diarrhea gotten worst. I'm always getting gastric which obviously was due to me not eating anything. I continue to sleep. Around 11am like that, i receive a message that said that one of my college friend ( Yew Fung ) was going to visit me. I was actually quite surprise. I thought everybody would just forget about me. I didn't really think that anybody would actually think about my condition. He came and i was kinda grateful. The first familiar face i have seen in a whole day. The only thing was that he had to rush over to my place during his free lunch break just to visit me, which means that i kinda trouble him.

After his visit, i went to eat some porridge. I do not know why but the best porridge i have tasted is still the one back in kuching. I so miss that pork porridge. The taste is just incomparable. That the sad thing is that the next time that i can eat there might me a very long time from now. I visited the clinic, and they gave me some pills ( no antibiotics which they should have if not i would have been cured faster ). They suspected it was denggi but no mosquito stung me recently so I highly doubt it was that. I thought it was food poisoning as i had a stomach ache before i gotten the fever.

Day 3
The third day came and i still have my fever. Uncle kok ( my parents friends since they were in university [ more than 25 years friend ] ) came to visit me. He invited me to his house to rest. At first i thought, i don't want to trouble him, but in the end i went with him. I really wanted to get better before tomorrow because i have activities tomorrow. I really want to go for the talk on helpmun thing which was on the next day and also the band practice which i would not want to miss. When i got to his house, i found out that resting here would be better.

Aunty Kok bought me to see another doctor which finally gives me antibiotics. The doctor only gave 1 dose. I wasn't quite sure that 1 dose is enough. From what i have read in my biology textbook is that usually patient need to continue taking their antibiotic to prevent the bacteria from getting immunity. Then again, how can 1 dose do all that. I really wonder. I took the medication around dinner time. I had my skeptic but as long as i am not sick after that, who cares about immuned bacteria.

Day 4
I woke up and i find that i feel so much better. The only problem was that i was having a lot of gas in my stomach which was quite bad. I still couldn't eat much because there are quite a lot of gas accumulated in my stomach. I wish that i could get rid of it but i'm not sure how. I still felt weak because i couldn't eat anything. I got a lot of gastric because when i ate alittle, i couldn't eat anything much if not i would vomit it out. I didn't go college as i also have sick left. I didn't manage to attend the activity i was suppose to attend.

Day 5
I woke up and i wanted to go college, Unfortunately i was kind of slow and Aunty kok went off to work. So, i waited for Uncle kok to wake up for work ( he was always kinda late ). So anyway, he bought me to breakfast where i ate a little and go off to college. Everybody quite shock at me appearing back in college so early. I only came back for my homework. The last time a few people was absent for a few days, the maths teacher manage to finish a whole chapter in 2 days which i was quite worried the same thing will happen to me.

Luckily, only around half of the class is only there so the maths teacher gave a free period and biology teacher did the same. We just talk all the way thought. It was good to catch up i guess.. During the night, finally the gas in my stomach got release... Although it was not really polite, i practically farted and was grateful i did. After that, i felt so much better.

That was how my 5 days ordeal was. Although it was not great, it was not suppose to be, i know what am i suppose to do when i get sick. To those others who are still with parents, you better appreciate them. When u leave home to stay in another place, they will not be there to help you especially when you are sick.

1 comments:

Bertrand Tan said...

there ae quite some cool futuristic clinics in KL there...XD